Question:- Hi, I have an HP Officejet 8020 printer, and I want to connect the Printer wirelessly to my Windows 10 computer. However, it always asks for a WPS pin for my HP 8020 printer when I do so. And I need to figure out where I find this pin. Although, I checked the manual and setup instructions but couldn’t find them. Please share if anyone knows where this WPS pin is on my HP Printer.
What is WPS Pin for a printer?
WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) Pin is an 8-digit unique code generated by a printer to connect wirelessly with the router or any other device at your place. All wireless printers follow this WPS Pin technology. WPS is the safest way to connect the Printer to your router and Computer because it will protect your Printer from third-party users like your neighbors.
In some latest HP Printers WPS pin is located at the back of the Printer. There is a sticker where you will find this 8-digit WPS pin code to connect the Printer wirelessly.
However, you still have to find the WPS Pin from the Printer’s Control panel in some HP Printers.
Where to find WPS Pin on HP Printer?
You must follow these steps to generate the WPS Pin for the HP Printer.
- On the HP Printer control panel, press the wireless button.
- Go to Settings and tap on WiFi-protected setup.
- Next, select the option, WPS Pin.
- It will generate the 8-digit WPS Pin code for your Printer.
Connect an HP Printer using WPS Pin
Quickly connect an HP printer to your WiFi network using the (WiFi Protected Setup) WPS Pin method. You do not need the WiFi password to connect the Printer using WPS.
- Firstly, open the control panel of the Printer.
- Press the wireless button and go to the settings option.
- Now go to Network Setup.
- Select the option Wireless Settings.
- Now choose the option WiFi Protected Setup.
- Click on the PIN option.
- It will generate the 8-digit WPS Pin on your HP Printer screen.
- Go to the Settings option on the Windows computer.
- Select Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners>Add Device.
- Now Enter the WPS Pin on the prompted screen.
- Finally, it’s done, your HP Printer is connected to the Computer Wirelessly.
Write a Comment