Question:- Hi, I am using an HP Envy 6000 printer which is pretty new. However, I bought a new laptop, also an HP windows 11, and when I tried to add a printer in HP smart App, it said it could not find the printer. HP smart can’t detect my printer even though Windows 11 settings find it. Let me tell you; my printer is connected to the wifi properly because I can print from my iPhone. So I need to figure out how to fix HP smart app to recognize my HP printer.
Why wouldn’t HP Smart App find my printer?
The most common reason “why HP smart App not finding the printer” is improper Setup or loose Wireless connection between router and printer. You will always face this problem when changing your router, ISP, computer, or any buggy windows update. To completely fix this issue, you have to read this article at the end. Once you read the steps, I am sure you will never face this problem again.
How to check HP printer is connected correctly with Wifi.
There are two ways to check the proper wireless connection between the printer and router.
- The wireless light on the printer should be Solid.
- Press the ( i ) button on the printer to check the IP address and printer status connected.
Steps to fix HP Smart Cannot find the printer.
You need to follow the steps one by one, in the same way, explained below, to fix the issue.
- Firstly, Reset the HP Printer by unplugging the power code at its back.
- Go to Settings> Apps> Apps and Features and search for HP Smart on a windows computer.
- Click on three dots and select Advanced options.
- Click on Reset; this will reset the HP smart App.
- Secondly, Press and hold the Wireless button for 15 sec on the printer.
- Now open the HP Smart app on the computer.
- Click on Add Printer.
- Now HP smart will detect your printer.
- Select your printer and click Setup.
Note:- If you still face the problem with HP smart App, please update the printer drivers or contact HP support for more help.
Write a Comment